CND The Look Jason Wu

I love everything about this little collection. The minute I saw it on TransDesign I snatched it up. The last two CND releases were kind of eh to me but this one, nice! They aren't crazy or bright or even all that earth shattering. They do, however, have a gorgeous formula and are just lovely shades. They're basic without being boring and edgy without being in your face about it. These are all keepers for me.

Miss Wu. A light pearl grey with a satin finish. Not stark at all and looks elegant on me.





Brigitte. A dusty taupey purple. One coat and a really nice soft color.





Sophia. A taupe creme that is lighter and more neutral to the darker ones on the market. Not unique, obviously, but still very nice and goes well with the collection.





Veronica. A juicy pomegranate red. I do love a good red!





Anna. The Effect of the group. It gives a subtle texture/tweed look to a polish. I love tweed and texture so I really like this one. It's subtle and dries a smidge matte but topcoat washes out the texture. It's not going to be to everyone's taste but if you get a chance to try it please do.

Brigitte with the effect.





Sophia with the effect.



9 comments

Terni April 25, 2011 at 11:28 AM

I love Veronica. Such a beauty! Plus, it got the Elvis Costello song stuck in my head, which is not a bad way to start my day. :)

The Preppy Student April 25, 2011 at 11:36 AM

Veronica is my fav!

Unknown April 25, 2011 at 11:55 AM

wow these are great, I like that there's one bold color in the collection and the effects are so different, very pretty

KarenD April 25, 2011 at 12:02 PM

Thanks for the swatches; I've hardly seen these anywhere else. These colors are so up my alley that I think I already own close enough relatives of theirs. I'm not so sure about the texture; might take me a while to get used to the idea of intentionally making my nails look like I imprinted them on the sheets. :)

LB April 25, 2011 at 1:20 PM

Actually the texture is a bit more even and neater than sheet marks - if that makes sense? It's a lot more subtle in real life. It's neat actually. I am wondering what it would look like over another Effect like Sapphire.

turtlechick12 April 25, 2011 at 4:19 PM

Oooh thanks for these swatches I ahven't seen much of these polishes. I am liking the effect but I think it might drive me nutty because my mani isn't smooth and even lol.

GothamPolish April 25, 2011 at 9:37 PM

Interesting effect... it is an even texture... but yah, it's very similar to sheet marks!!!

Mc Huggs April 26, 2011 at 6:07 PM

Hello Krisin:

Must haves: Sophia, Brigitte, and Veronica. Your nails have never looked so beautiful and since I still am wearing Zoya Mod Mattes Molly, I am starting to love reds, LOL Veronica is such a lovely and rich red colour. Love your swatches!

Love,

Mc Huggs :)

Minty April 26, 2011 at 11:08 PM

Brigitte is so pretty!

Post a Comment