Borghese Rapido Collection

Warning - This is a photo heavy post.

I like Broghese but I know that some folks dismiss the brand because of the price and the bottle. I happen to like the bottle since it reminds me of a perfume bottle. I have no issues with their bottle like I do with Nfu-Oh or Nicole by OPI. The price is a bit steep for a brand you find in the drugstore but the quality is up there with higher priced brands. I do recommend trying at least one color from them. I don't think you will be disappointed. Feel free to look through some of the swatches I have posted. They make great reds and metallic shades!

The Rapido collection is the Spring offering from Borghese. There are 12 colors and all are quick dry. I found them, except for a few, to be on the sheer/thin side and needing about three coats. I thought this would be an issue but they dry quickly so there is no pooling or bald spots when doing multiple coats. I found them to dry to the touch in about 2/3 minutes which is not bad for a quick dry. They do dry really shiny without a top coat which I like. It's a nice collection overall and refreshing with it's vibrancy. It's not totally unique but the collection has some winners.

Read on...

Vigneto. This would make a really great pedicure color. It really has this glow that doesn't come across too much in the photos. It's a pink based purple with shimmer. It's a very happy color.









Marino. LOVE! This was a suprise. In the bottle it looks like a basic bright blue but once on the nail it becomes this lovely dusty beachy blue. It reminds me of a deeper more blue RBL 360. Really love this one! If you love blues - get this one!









Mochaccino. LOVE! A deep taupe with pink/blue shimmer. I only needed one coat of this too. A very nice twist on the taupe trend.









Chroma. A basic silver foil. Nothing bad about it but nothing unique. It does go on really smooth.









Lira. Borghese does metallic shades really well and this one is no exception. It's a pale gold/champagne that leans to the cool side. I find it looks elegant on me without being fussy.









Menta. A jade green with blue shimmer. Another Chanel Jade dupe. I really like this color and I like the fact that other companies are making a color like this available without the Chanel price. But! I would have enjoyed seeing a different color shimmer - like copper or bronze or purple. A twist on the trend would have been nice. It's not bad but it's not unique but the shimmer is nicely pronounced in this one.









Violetto. A frosty violet. A frosty violet with brush strokes. Not a fan of this one at all.









Maraschino. A vibrant pink. I like this one! It reminds me of Nars Funny Face lipstick. It looks like it has a drop of red in it to balance the pink. It's not coral but a deep pink with a smidge of red. It dries so shiny!









Siena. A rosy bronze with little flecks of metallic shimmer. I didn't like this at first but it grew on me. I wore this for a day hence the tip wear. I can see layering this over something like a dark brown. It's pretty but sheer and I think it will look best layered.









Rosso. Rosso is red in Italian and this is what it is - a classic pin-up girl red. So shiny! Really beautiful and my Mom took this one and yelled, "MINE!" She is so greedy. *sniff* I'm so proud! My Mom's opinion is that Borghese makes some of the best reds.









Anemone. LOVE! Which is a suprise because I am not normally drawn to pinks. This is a vibrant blue based pink with violet/blue shimmer. No hidden shimmer either on this one either. This is not a shy pink and dries really shiny.









Limoncello. LOVE! It's vibrant and glowy and a nice mix of yellow and green. I really expect this one to have a smell. This is what I wanted Revlon Beach to be but wasn't.









*These were supplied to me for review*

9 comments

MELISENDE January 11, 2011 at 11:35 AM

Where can I get these? I liked the minty and yes, the pink, one. :)

zygzak January 11, 2011 at 12:37 PM

This is a fabulous green polish (limoncello) and I see there are at least 2 different versions of that. Would you like to swap? I am anusia at mua.

Ulmiel January 11, 2011 at 1:51 PM

I had to go through your posts, since the brand didn't ring a bell at all. And some colours are just *awesome*! The bottle reminds me of L.A. Girl bottle, I don't know what seems to be the problem with it's shape? In this collection Anemon, Menta and Marino are supercute!

LB January 11, 2011 at 3:03 PM

Borghese is sold at Rite Aid and Ulta here in Pennsylvania. Not sure about other parts of the world, sorry!

As for the bottles - I think some folks find them old fashioned. *shrug* I like them.

Biba January 11, 2011 at 3:05 PM

Pretties! I love Mochaccino! <3

Rory January 11, 2011 at 3:41 PM

Some of these are incredibly gorgeous: I really like Russo (how can you not like such a classic) and I'm crazy about - Menta, Mochaccino, and Marion...maybe I'll have to cease my Borghese hate!

Swååfie January 11, 2011 at 4:42 PM

Oh I love Limoncello.. mmm

jbrobeck January 12, 2011 at 12:10 AM

Great review! I saw these at ULTA and totally passed. Now I need to go back and get Marino and Moccachino! Thanks!!

ABOP Laquerlove January 13, 2011 at 5:07 PM

Great swatches! But now I really want Marino and Anemone.. sigh...

Post a Comment