Smackdown: Avon Jade vs OPI Damone Roberts 1968

I am not a huge mint fan but I do like jade green colors. They are more flattering to me and tend to not make my fingers look red. Besides Chanel Jade, Avon Jade and OPI Damone Roberts 1968 are two really lovely examples of jade green. They both have this soft diffused look on the nails and they both remind me of Jadeite. I decided to compare the two to see how similiar they are to each other.

Avon Jade. Wow, Avon you are rockin the cool colors lately. The formula on this was a dream. It went on smooth and in two coats. It self leveled as it dried and there was no streaking. The formula is a bit thick but not too thick that I couldn't work with it. I can see it needing thinner in the future. I honestly have no complaints and for the price it is a steal!







OPI Damone Roberts 1968 is/was an exclusive to Damone Roberts. Now I am not a fan of the OPI wide brush but this one is both thick and round and scraggly. I think I may have gotten a wonky brush which is annoying. The formula is thin and thick at the same time and it went on a bit streaky. I wouldn't have had so many issues if the brush didn't stink. The color is so worth it though. Just lovely.







Now to compare them. Left to right (top to bottom) they are Avon, OPI, Avon, OPI.







Close up with Avon on the left and OPI on the right.





The OPI is a more true jade color with the Avon being a bit darker. The formula on the Avon kicks OPI's butt. So for color OPI wins and for formula the Avon wins. If I could get a non-pro wide brush for this OPI (and all of my pro-wide OPI colors) I would be a happy camper.

8 comments

Ashley June 23, 2010 at 1:25 PM

I think I actually like Avon Jade for color best. I don't think either would look good on my corpse-y skin though. *sadface*

jaljen June 23, 2010 at 1:37 PM

The difference is so slight it makes it easy not to have to regret the OPI being so relatively unavailable. The Avon would do fine for me.

KarenD June 23, 2010 at 2:03 PM

That Avon is really pretty. I can't remember the last time I bought any Avon.

Unknown June 23, 2010 at 2:11 PM

I love mint greens!! they look gorgeous on you and I can't wait to try Avon's :D

LB June 23, 2010 at 3:29 PM

The difference is slight and I think only a nail polish person would see it. Avon has really impressed me!

Ashley - I am really, really pale and they both look great on me. Don't be afraid of them!

Anonymous June 23, 2010 at 4:28 PM

I have the Avon on right now and it rocks...I have gotten so many compliments on it and the formula is great (and I used to be a manicurist). Worth it...Next up I am trying the Avon Lagoon.

Tassa June 23, 2010 at 4:43 PM

Pretty color! :) I have similar shade on my nails. :)

chelle June 24, 2010 at 4:27 AM

Great comparison! I love how you call this a smackdown LOL. I think I actually prefer the colour of the Avon. Must find an Avon lady!

Post a Comment