GOSH Gasoline

I fell in love with this color from seeing photos of it online. I was glad to get it in a swap. It's a grape purple with pink and purple shimmer. This was a bit difficult to photograph because the sparkles are more pronounced in low light as opposed to sunlight. Which is odd because usually sparkly polishes really shine in the sun. This one was shy!

Also, it was cloudy and close to raining when I took these.

This one is color accurate.



In the sun where you don't see much sparkle.



Close up so you can see the sparkle. You might want to click for a larger photo.



Under the Ott light.



I know not everyone has access to GOSH so I attempted to find/make a dupe. I thought Pure Ice Rio was a close match to the sparkle and I just needed to find a purple base that matched Gasoline. I use China Glaze Grape Pop and China Glaze Grape Juice and layered Pure Ice Rio over each one. Not a match but Grape Juice with Rio is a close match - just a bit lighter.

From left to right ChG Grape Juice with Rio, Gasoline and ChG Grape Pop with Rio.



Left to right ChG Grape Pop with Rio, Gasoline and ChG Grape Juice with Rio.



4 comments

Rebecca May 24, 2010 at 2:28 PM

Ooh, this is lovely!

Recalcitrant Nails May 24, 2010 at 8:51 PM

Love your humour and your blog. I tagged you with an award. You can go pick it up at my blog:
http://lacquerwarefortipsandtoes.blogspot.com/

jbrobeck May 24, 2010 at 10:59 PM

i know just what you mean about this one being hard to photograph! it took me four coats when i wore it but so worth it! though next time i may layer it. you captured it on camera really well!

Anonymous May 25, 2010 at 6:04 AM

Nice colour! :)

Post a Comment