Toma Metallic Illusion

Toma is one of those brands that you find in out of the way places. I found these at a little nail supply place here in Philly. Unfortunately the place is no longer in business but I'm glad I got them because if I hadn't that would have been sad! The Toma Metallic Illusion colors are duochromes with a metallic look to them. Basically they are awesome!

Over the next few days I will swatch them but for now here is a wheel pic of them. The names and a brief description are after the pics. If you do come across them snatch them up!





1. Stellar Stormwatch - pink with flashes of gold
2. Fusion Fantasy - lilac pink with flashes of gold
3. Metal Mirage - purple with flashes of green and gold
4. Moonstruck - rose copper with flashes of gold
5. Swing on a Star - red purple with flashes of gold
6. Copper Comets - copper with flashes of pink and gold
7. Meltdown on Mars - burnished copper with flashes of pink/purple and gold
8. Heavenly Body - grape purple with hints of pink flashes of green
9. Milky Way - green with flashes of blue and slight gold
10. Eclipse - gold with flashes of pink and red
11. Jar of Moonbeams - hunter green with flashes of purple

When I say flash I mean that is the color you get when you move your fingers - the duochrome. Some have a more pronounced duochrome like Milky Way. Hopefully I will be able to show that in the upcoming pics.

3 comments

Cyan March 28, 2010 at 3:10 PM

I love metallic looking polishes. Thanks for showing this collection! (Even though I've never seen a Toma polish before, now I'll be on the lookout for one.)

april brooks March 28, 2010 at 6:30 PM

I have one Toma that I love and recently got to borrow some from a friend that are unbelievably unique and gorgeous. They'll be on my blog sometime soon.

Thanks for the swatches!

LB March 28, 2010 at 9:16 PM

Cyan - You're welcome! They aren't the easiest to photo for a beginner. I hope I do them justice.

April - Can't wait to see them!

Post a Comment